Sunday, December 15, 2013

Why Not MSMA?


WHY NOT

 

I was asked to be a Guest Writer for the “Why MSMA?” portion of this Newsletter and I did not hesitate to say, Yes.   I gave it a lot of thought and I decided to change it up a bit.  So, this article is called “WHY NOT.”

 

If you are new to the industry here are a few items that make up your job description:

·         Manager of People

·         USPS and Express Carrier Liaison

·         Mail Piece Design Expert

·         Consultant

·         Savings Guru

 

WHY NOT be a part of an organization that provides you a huge network of mailing industry experts, unlimited education, meeting topics that broaden your horizon and conferences that cover all the areas of your job description.

 

WHY NOT join an organization that provides the resources you need to manage mail.  Attending chapter meetings and conferences such as MailCom provide you with the information needed to manage your mail operation.

 

My network of mailing industry professionals has contributed to my success.  I continue to add professionals to my network.  This year I attended the 2013 MailCom and met a handful of professionals from Ohio.  I added these individuals to my list of contacts.

 

WHY NOT join an organization that provides education through certification.

·         Mailpiece Design Consultant (MDC) – tested and certified for knowledge of proper mailpiece design

·         Certified Mail and Distribution Systems Manager (CMDSM) – tested and certified on the body of technical knowledge, sales skills and management skills for the mailing industry profession

·         Certificated Mail and Distribution Systems Supplier (CMDSS) – tested and certified with tests for CMDSM, but tailors to quality assurance, customer relationship management, business ethics, negotiation and selling

 

WHY NOT join an organization that is affordable and will provide you with a wealth of information you cannot achieve anywhere else.

 

I have been in the mailing industry for 15 years and a member of Mail Systems Management Association (MSMA) since 1999 (14 years).  I am successful due to the world of information that surrounded me as well as my network base.

 

WHY NOT go for it and sign up today, I did.  You are worth it, do it!

 

Written by:  Connie Compton, EMCM, MDP, MQCS, MDC

Manager Distribution Center

Western & Southern Financial Group

No comments:

Post a Comment